- Catholics Come Home
- Catolicos Regresen
- Church History
- Father Maxy D'Costa
- Current Events
- Bible Study Channel
- Weekly Bulletin
- Ministry Schedule
- Altar Service Training Video
- Vacation Bible School
- Adult Faith Formation
- Youth Group
- Steubenville 2014
- Community Spirit
- Liturgical Ministries
- Care and Service
- Pastoral & Ministry Staff
- St. John the Apostle School
- SJA - Cemetery
- Catholic Links
- Parish Calendar
Conversion: Following the Call of Christ
Father Robert Barron illuminates six Biblical stories of conversion, demonstrating how six ordinary people, just like you, were met by Jesus where they were and called to a better life through Him. The common theme in each story is the turning of all one's attention and energy toward an ever deeper, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In his characteristically energetic style, Fr. Barron explains how conversion is not so much a one time event, but a life-long process. "Jesus Christ calls us in thousands of different ways to follow Him, as we strive on the path for spiritual excellence," explains Fr. Barron.
"The struggle of Christian life is the struggle of conversion, directed toward holiness and eternal life to which the Lord never ceases to call us." -- Catechism of the Catholic Church (1426)
Read what fellow participants have to say:
" I want you to know how much I appreciate the Bible Study that I have participated in at SJA since I have moved to Portland. I know it takes a lot of work from you and your committee to choose and then present a Bible Study. SJA is known for it's excellent Bible Study program. I believe this is the biggest need in the Church today.
I would like to thank all of your helpers, including the facilitators for their time and dedication to make this happen.
"Holy Queen: The Mother of God in the Word of God" is no exception. Scott Hahn has done a remarkable job of clarifying Mary's roll in salvation History. The study guide you made up, and the discussion questions used made an excellent base to start discussions from. Our group had trouble covering all of the questions because of the other questions we raised about our faith, which is exactly what a good discussion should do.
I want to thank God for putting me into a church that for the first time in my life, I am learning what the Gospels are showing me about God's will in my life." - anonymous
About the Author
Father Robert Barron is an acclaimed author, speaker, and theologian. He is the rector of Mundelein Seminary near Chicago and the founder of Word On Fire (www.WordOnFire.org).
Fr. Barron is the creator and host of CATHOLICISM, a groundbreaking ten-part documentary series and study program about the Catholic faith. He is a passionate student of art, architecture, music and history, which he calls upon throughout his global travels in the making of the documentary.
Of additional interest:
Please click on the following links for further inspiration.
- Father Barron adult Catechesis and Evangelization
- Internet guide to additional Catholic website links.
-Carson Weber understanding the Scriptures Podcasts
- Deep in Scripture with Marcus Grodi, live radio scripture study with archives. Please scroll to the bottom of their page for the archives.
- Sunday Bible Reflections by Dr. Scott Hahn
- Mysteries of the Mass by Fr. Bill Holzinger
- Food for the Journey, by Sr. Ann Shields
- Catholic Answers Live radio program with archives.
- Scripture study; Ancient and contemporary commentaries;Historical and archaeological info; Catechism references.
- News and articles; Catholic Encyclopedia; The Church Fathers;The Holy Bible in Latin and English;Library of Church documents by subject.
- Variety of topics for your Catholic life today.
www.crossroadsinitiative.com/library_category/38/catholic_bible_study.html - Cross Roads Initiative - Good resources for enhancing your independent Bible study by Marcellino D'Ambrosio
Copyright © 2014 St. John the Apostle Catholic Church